Due to an increase in substance Use as well as pharmacological advances many providers and clients are turning towards Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT). This workshop will provide current MAT protocols for a variety of addiction disorders. We will identify and experiment different engagement techniques when approaching a client, provider or community member about MAT. We will also explore the bias of some in the mental health field regarding the use of MAT.
· Brief Overview of the Treatment of Substance Abuse and Alcoholism
· Discuss Current Trends of Substance Abuse and Alcoholism
· Identify obstacles and objections of MAT and how to overcome them
· Explore the science of MAT and how it is beneficial
· Enhance the Social Workers engagement skillset in approaching clients about MAT
· Identify local resource and providers that offer MAT
Michael Chiappone, LMSW
Corinna Mendis MS, RPA-C, LMT.